How will you ensure this event is Covid secure and socially distanced?
Our Operations Team is working to ensure and implement best practice so we can bring mass participation events back to the public for 2021.
We are planning the following measures to help make the event Covid secure:
- Reducing dwell time for participants before and after the event, ensuring they only turn up when required and reducing contact with other participants
- New innovative start procedures – participants provided with a very specific start time, limiting capacity at the Start Line to ensure social distancing, with staggered starts
- Introducing a runners’ code of conduct – a best practice guide to be shared with both participants and charities
- Ensuring touch points, such as medals and goody bags, are as limited at possible.
- Implementing a ‘Ready to run’ procedure – asking participants to turn up ‘Ready to Run’ to reduce dwell time
- Providing hand sanitiser stations, temperature checks, Covid declarations, one-way systems and face coverings
We have a proven track record of delivering Covid-secure events and will be keeping charities and participants informed with further details of the measures we will be taking when they are available.