The Vitality Big Festival
You have done The Vitality Big Half – now onto The Vitality Big Festival! This is a unique festival that embraces all that the wonderful city of London has to offer.
The Vitality Big Festival is the perfect place to soak up the community buzz and be a part of the celebrations as London’s local boroughs come together to show off their amazing assets. The Vitality Big Festival will bring together the best of the capital’s food, music, sport and exercise, and health and wellbeing.
Enjoy a well-deserved meal from one of the many local traders, offering an array of the tastiest and healthiest meals from cultures across the world. Learn about food waste, sustainable living and how to achieve a healthy and affordable diet from the workshops taking place in the Food Demonstration tent.
Demonstrations will be provided by:
- The Felix Project: Collects fresh, nutritious food that cannot be sold. They deliver surplus food to charities so they can provide healthy meals and help the most vulnerable in our society
- Greenwich Co-operative: Celebrating the rich diversity of Greenwich by growing, producing, preparing and sharing good food that is healthy, sustainable, affordable and accessible to all
- Katakata: A vegan/vegetarian cafe and arts space in Brixton. They promote healthy living and lifestyle choices, serving fresh premium vegan and vegetarian, gluten free food and freshly pressed juices
- Sugar Smart: The campaign run by Jamie Oliver and Sustain who are helping local authorities, organisations, workplaces and individuals to reduce the amount of sugar consumed across the nation.
Check out the festival timetable for more information on when to catch food demonstrations.
Enjoy music from the best up-and-coming performers as they take to The Big Stage. There will be something for everyone, whether your vibe is African soul, Latin or street dance and drama performances. Over on The Little Stage, the musicians will perform stripped back, acoustic sets.
Sport & Exercise
Local sports groups will be hosting ‘come and try’ sessions for a variety of sports throughout the day. Sporting activities will include:
- The Tumbleator, a giant, soft treadmill where you can test your speed at world record pace
- Double Jab boxing roadshow
- Basketball and wheelchair basketball skills from Lewisham Thunder
- Athletics games from S-Factor
- Fitness and health tests provided by Greenwich Leisure Ltd (GLL)
- Cricket coaching from England Cricket in the New Balance Zone
Health & Wellbeing
A healthy mind is just as important as a healthy body. Visit the wellbeing zone where a host of fun and interactive sessions will be on offer from community health and education groups, including:
- Free massage for finishers of The Vitality Big Half from Body Health Therapies
- Yoga classes throughout the day
- Science Roadshow from the Science Museum
- Smallworld Urbanism will be upcycling and offering gardening advice
- Silverfit promote happier and healthier ageing through physical activity
- Wellness checks and health advice from Charlton Athletic Charitable Trust
- Kids' face painting
- A children's garden maze and Ferris wheel